Thursday, July 02, 2009

day 228 (sort of)

well, as i said on my other blog, i've been on a bit of a break and a vacation.  it was not entirely voluntary, but it was necessary.  i won't go into detail, but what info i'm willing to give i've posted at my Ironman blog:
http://jonathaninthedistance.blogspot.com/2009/06/vacation-and-return.html

i'm resuming the postings regarding my martial arts lessons here, although i have to be honest and point out that things have been very lackluster--partially because my heart was not in it (the lessons), and partly because i actually didn't go to class for awhile.  but now that things seem to be resolving themselves, i'll be trying to get back on a regular schedule here.

this past weekend was my 1st day back, and i made trips to both kung fu and kyudo.  Saturday was spent reviewing the elbow basics for bagua in prelude to the elbow form (they'd finished all of them while i'd been away, but the repetition was good for everyone, since it seems some people had already forgotten some of the basics).  the evening was a short visit to kyudo--i went more for the purpose of some spiritual guidance with Sensei, who is a Zen priest, and didn't stay to actually shoot.

my plan is to ease back into things, and gradually pick up at the pace i was at before.  bear with me, and i hope to provide some useful posts soon.

No comments: